2200 Highway 121 # 100, Bedford, TX 76021, USA

This month (March 2017), when in Living Spaces in Las Vegas, I remembered back to this conversation and the fact I never received any refund from the warranty . As I inquired more, I found that in 2015 Paul’s TV went out of business.

On their webpage, Paul’s TV directs customers to the Warrentech website. I contacted Warrentch who advised my warranty was with them. They had my information on file and provided me with my policy number 5712476602. I was told to email claimsinfo@warrantech.com to request the refund.

The employee was aware of my contact and their program to provide 50% refund at end of warranty. They advised I met the standard, however the Warrentech policy was that the customer only had 30 days to submit a claim for the refund at the policy end date (for me this would have been until June 2016) and that I needed all original paperwork from the sale which occurred 5 years ago. I advised them that this is absurd and that I was never informed of this requirement at the time of sale. Also, that this is a scam to take money that is owed to the customer as this was clearly a selling point to have the customer buy the policy.

Both employees (Wendy Pierce – Claims Dept Lead Adjuster and supervisor “Trung”) refused to resolve the issue with me or make any accommodations. This Company is withholding customer money by having sales associates withhold information as to the specific details from customers to which they are making a profit. They have an absurd refund policy making it nearly impossible for a customer to collect the refund due.

This practice is fraud and needs to stop. All customers, including myself need to be fully refunded as promised.

Product or Service Mentioned: Warrantech Warranty.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments