1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jul 12, 2016

HHgregg has never responded to my concern.However, after using a hair dryer and thawing out the ice maker myself it worked again for a short time until freezing up again 2 weeks later.

So the freezing is the issue. I called the warranty people back and they finally agreed to send someone out. This person replaced the ice maker and said the issue is because of the weather in this area.

REALLY?Ok then, let's see how long it continues to work.

Update by user Jun 11, 2016

This really turns me off in regard to extended warranties. There was a time when the service was fast and efficient. I guess those days are gone.

Original review posted by user Jun 10, 2016

It's been weeks now since my Samsung ice maker has worked.They first denied my service request until I changed my water filter.

Then after taking care of that they asked me if the ice maker had any ice formed around it.

I've never had the need to open it up until then and sure enough it did. This is a frost free refrigerator that is 14 months old and cost me over $2000. I also paid $429 for the 5 year extended warranty.

The manual says there is no need for me to ever defrost this appliance because it is frost free. However, Warrantech says that I must first defrost all that ice before they will consider a service call.

My issue is that the frozen over ice maker is probably the reason it stopped working. So in short, they want me to fix my own problem. Hhgregg has not responded to my request for assistance in this matter either. They agreed it didn't sound reasonable and said they would send an email to their home office on my behalf.

I guess they forgot about me.Perhaps it's time I forget about them.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Mdalton stated that there is a room for improvement of attempts to avoid giving service and dodges a known product defect. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of repair. Warrantech needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Warrantech.

Had an Experience with Warrantech?

Comments

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1196632

There's two lessons here don't buy Sam sung and Warrantech .I done service for over 30 years and a large majority of extended service are no more then a ***.

Not to many servicer do Warrantech because the don't pay and when the do pay is minanmal .

I finally stop doing Warnntech service .Every time a client called and they said they have a Warrentech Service contract on with tell them you'll have to pay me and try to get reimbursed from Warren