Update added by user Jul 12
HHgregg has never responded to my concern.However, after using a hair dryer and thawing out the ice maker myself it worked again for a short time until freezing up again 2 weeks later.
So the freezing is the issue. I called the warranty people back and they finally agreed to send someone out. This person replaced the ice maker and said the issue is because of the weather in this area.
REALLY?Ok then, let's see how long it continues to work.
Update added by user Jun 11
This really turns me off in regard to extended warranties. There was a time when the service was fast and efficient. I guess those days are gone.
Original review posted by user Jun 10
It's been weeks now since my Samsung ice maker has worked.They first denied my service request until I changed my water filter.
Then after taking care of that they asked me if the ice maker had any ice formed around it.
I've never had the need to open it up until then and sure enough it did. This is a frost free refrigerator that is 14 months old and cost me over $2000. I also paid $429 for the 5 year extended warranty.
The manual says there is no need for me to ever defrost this appliance because it is frost free. However, Warrantech says that I must first defrost all that ice before they will consider a service call.
My issue is that the frozen over ice maker is probably the reason it stopped working. So in short, they want me to fix my own problem. Hhgregg has not responded to my request for assistance in this matter either. They agreed it didn't sound reasonable and said they would send an email to their home office on my behalf.
I guess they forgot about me.Perhaps it's time I forget about them.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attempts to avoid giving service
- Dodges a known product defect
- Product or service
- 5 Year Warranty Through Hhgregg
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "I have been a customer for 10 years with AHS . I'm frustrate with the last issue that happened at my home .I called for a dripping valve on the..."
- "I order from Rosewe.com thats advertise their catalog of clothing on facebook on March 1, 2016 and they took the money out of my account March 2, 2016. They claim..."
- "I have purchase air max 90 for $110. I have only worn three times. Poor quality material being use. If I wanted cheap quality I would have went to payless..."
- "Target has asked for me to file a review to help other customers. I certainly hope my review does help other Target customers! I placed an order for a surprise 15th..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."