Update added by user Jul 12
HHgregg has never responded to my concern.However, after using a hair dryer and thawing out the ice maker myself it worked again for a short time until freezing up again 2 weeks later.
So the freezing is the issue. I called the warranty people back and they finally agreed to send someone out. This person replaced the ice maker and said the issue is because of the weather in this area.
REALLY?Ok then, let's see how long it continues to work.
Update added by user Jun 11
This really turns me off in regard to extended warranties. There was a time when the service was fast and efficient. I guess those days are gone.
Original review posted by user Jun 10
It's been weeks now since my Samsung ice maker has worked.They first denied my service request until I changed my water filter.
Then after taking care of that they asked me if the ice maker had any ice formed around it.
I've never had the need to open it up until then and sure enough it did. This is a frost free refrigerator that is 14 months old and cost me over $2000. I also paid $429 for the 5 year extended warranty.
The manual says there is no need for me to ever defrost this appliance because it is frost free. However, Warrantech says that I must first defrost all that ice before they will consider a service call.
My issue is that the frozen over ice maker is probably the reason it stopped working. So in short, they want me to fix my own problem. Hhgregg has not responded to my request for assistance in this matter either. They agreed it didn't sound reasonable and said they would send an email to their home office on my behalf.
I guess they forgot about me.Perhaps it's time I forget about them.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attempts to avoid giving service
- Dodges a known product defect
- Product or service
- 5 Year Warranty Through Hhgregg
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "Target has asked for me to file a review to help other customers. I certainly hope my review does help other Target customers! I placed an order for a surprise 15th..."
- "I order from Rosewe.com thats advertise their catalog of clothing on facebook on March 1, 2016 and they took the money out of my account March 2, 2016. They claim..."
- "I purchased items online that i could not return to the store without the plastic bags it was shipped in but the items have tags. All i wanted to do..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."