Update added by user Jul 12, 2016
HHgregg has never responded to my concern.However, after using a hair dryer and thawing out the ice maker myself it worked again for a short time until freezing up again 2 weeks later.
So the freezing is the issue. I called the warranty people back and they finally agreed to send someone out. This person replaced the ice maker and said the issue is because of the weather in this area.
REALLY?Ok then, let's see how long it continues to work.
Update added by user Jun 11, 2016
This really turns me off in regard to extended warranties. There was a time when the service was fast and efficient. I guess those days are gone.
Original review posted by user Jun 10, 2016
It's been weeks now since my Samsung ice maker has worked.They first denied my service request until I changed my water filter.
Then after taking care of that they asked me if the ice maker had any ice formed around it.
I've never had the need to open it up until then and sure enough it did. This is a frost free refrigerator that is 14 months old and cost me over $2000. I also paid $429 for the 5 year extended warranty.
The manual says there is no need for me to ever defrost this appliance because it is frost free. However, Warrantech says that I must first defrost all that ice before they will consider a service call.
My issue is that the frozen over ice maker is probably the reason it stopped working. So in short, they want me to fix my own problem. Hhgregg has not responded to my request for assistance in this matter either. They agreed it didn't sound reasonable and said they would send an email to their home office on my behalf.
I guess they forgot about me.Perhaps it's time I forget about them.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attempts to avoid giving service
- Dodges a known product defect
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "My wife and I got 3 Windows, and a sliding door installed in July. To this date of Novemner 21st we have had feldco out 5 times now. They..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "I have purchase air max 90 for $110. I have only worn three times. Poor quality material being use. If I wanted cheap quality I would have went to payless..."
- "I purchased items online that i could not return to the store without the plastic bags it was shipped in but the items have tags. All i wanted to do..."
- "Order size 11 to small I wear size 11 so I went up a whole size got sent out same size shoe with size 12 don't waste time ordering from..."