Warrantech tries to avoid giving service.

Update added by user Jul 12

HHgregg has never responded to my concern.However, after using a hair dryer and thawing out the ice maker myself it worked again for a short time until freezing up again 2 weeks later.

So the freezing is the issue. I called the warranty people back and they finally agreed to send someone out. This person replaced the ice maker and said the issue is because of the weather in this area.

REALLY?Ok then, let's see how long it continues to work.

Update added by user Jun 11

This really turns me off in regard to extended warranties. There was a time when the service was fast and efficient. I guess those days are gone.

Original review posted by user Jun 10

It's been weeks now since my Samsung ice maker has worked.They first denied my service request until I changed my water filter.

Then after taking care of that they asked me if the ice maker had any ice formed around it.

I've never had the need to open it up until then and sure enough it did. This is a frost free refrigerator that is 14 months old and cost me over $2000. I also paid $429 for the 5 year extended warranty.

The manual says there is no need for me to ever defrost this appliance because it is frost free. However, Warrantech says that I must first defrost all that ice before they will consider a service call.

My issue is that the frozen over ice maker is probably the reason it stopped working. So in short, they want me to fix my own problem. Hhgregg has not responded to my request for assistance in this matter either. They agreed it didn't sound reasonable and said they would send an email to their home office on my behalf.

I guess they forgot about me.Perhaps it's time I forget about them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time
Service Scheduling

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Attempts to avoid giving service
    • Dodges a known product defect

Product or service
5 Year Warranty Through Hhgregg
Review category
Household Services
review #863254 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Warrantech? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 09 #1196632 Albuquerque, New Mexico

There's two lessons here don't buy Sam sung and Warrantech . I done service for over 30 years and a large majority of extended service are no more then a ***. Not to many servicer do Warrantech because the don't pay and when the do pay is minanmal . I finally stop doing Warnntech service . Every time a client called and they said they have a Warrentech Service contract on with tell them you'll have to pay me and try to get reimbursed from Warren

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.