2.0

I purchased an LG Refrigator from HHGREGG and an extended warranty. I have had 2 failures with the appliance. Fist issue was back in 2015. Called Warrantech it took more than 1 month to resolve. Appliance broke down again almost 4 weeks back.

I have had multiple service companies come and work on the fridge. First visit the guy replaced something did not work. He told us fridge is un repairable and recommended that replacement be sent.

Warrantech wanted a second opinion. So after 1 week next company comes with a part and replaces it. Says if it does not work we will get a replacement. Same story repeated again.

Warrantech sent the same service guy back with a Compressor (Third Opinion I guess). Compressor replacement did not resolve this issue, and Warrantech representative told me that they recommended HHGREGG to replace the appliance. This time around repair company sent me an email stating that appliance is not repairable. I contacted HHGregg and was told in 3-5 days someone will contact me, however after couple of days i get a call from another Service company who said they were asked to check the refrigerator. Service tech from the 4th company says

1. If compressor was bad you should have called LG for a replacement.

2. He checked the fridge and said for a through check of the problem he will need minimum of 4 hours and that Warrantech only pays them $90 for visit therefore he refused to do any further work after 1 hour

3. This was on a Friday, and service company said they do not work on Saturdays so they will submit their report to WT on Monday

4. I reached out to HHGREGG. Manager at the local store sent an email request their office for further help. Not sure what will come out of it

I tried multiple times to talk to a supervisor at Warrantech and every time I have been told that there is none available. Still waiting to see what happens next. When the equipment was sold we lot of promises were made by the sales representatives at HHGREGG. However there is no truth in the service promises made by them. Wanted to check with folks on this site if there are any legal channels through which we can get help. Is there anyone out there who has pursued this channel.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

#1319603

Having same issues. Was your problem resolved?

Warrantech Reviews