2200 Highway 121 # 100, Bedford, TX 76021, USA
1.4

We purchased our Samsung dishwasher from HH Gregg in April 2014. At the time of purchase of the dishwasher and other Samsung appliances we purchased a five-year extended warranty on the dishwasher, stove, and refrigerator.

The extended warranty was through Warrantech. When we started having problems with our dishwasher we contacted Warrantech, which is wholly owned by Amtrust Financial Services. Warrantech asked us to contact ATS INC Electronic Repair, a local appliance repair business. Our initial call to ATS was on September 13, 2017.

ATS came to our house a total of five times, twice to diagnosis the problem, twice to install parts, and once to pick up the dishwasher on November 10 to diagnosis and repair the dishwasher at their facility. Since November 10, when our dishwasher was removed by ATS to diagnose and repair the dishwasher at their facility, the blame game between ATS and Warrantech started and had intensified with time. From November 10 to the present, I have talked to Warrantech and ATS numerous times. The problem why the dishwasher has not been repaired and return to us has to do with ATS not receiving the part to repair the dishwasher.

I have been told the part is a control board on one occasion, but most of the time I have been told it is a gasket. What a gasket has to do with the dishwasher not going through the dry cycle, I have no idea. I have told both Warrantech and ATS that changing a gasket to fix a dishwasher that doesn’t enter the dry cycle makes no sense. On December 11, I was told by Warrantech that the part is on backlog.

This is the first time I was told the part was on backlog since ATS removed our dishwasher. ATS told me on November 14 or 15 that the dishwasher was diagnosed and the part was on order, but they could not tell me when it would arrive. If the part was ordered on November 15 and neither Warrantech or ATS can get the part, I think I should be entitled to a new dishwasher. Also, since ATS had already changed 4 parts that didn’t fix the problem, I had little confidence that this part would have fixed the problem.

Warrantech offered us a buyout on December 15. It was $127.26 and the remaining 2+ years remaining on the extended warranty was lost. This buyout amount only covered the installation cost of our new dishwasher. I asked them why such a low price and was told because of the many claims against the dishwasher.

I stated there was only one claim. The amount of money spent was a factor of ATS’s incompetence. I had nothing to do with the selection of ATS and that penalizing me for their incompetence was unfair. Warrantech is fast to say they are sorry, but absolutely inflexible to make any adjustments.

The bottom line is that customers should be made aware when dealing with either Warrantech or ATS. Neither concerns themselves with the concept of pleasing their customers.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Warrantech Cons: See compalaint.

Comments