2200 Highway 121 # 100, Bedford, TX 76021, USA
4.3

Purchased a Cabrio washing machine through H H Gregg on 09/08/2012 along with the extended warranty (expires on 09/09/2017). I also registered my washing machine on-line as soon as it was received.

Washing machine broke on 7/29/17 so called hoping the warranty would still be if effect (H H Gregg went out of business). To my delight it was still in effect. Coordinated service to come to my house 7/31/17 - service company called me at 0930 on 7/31/17 stating they could not do. Called Warrantech to let them know to get new service rep to our house.

8/2/17 new service rep came to our house to diagnose "Ld" error code - he stated it was the "lid" but I corrected him stating it was in fact "too long to drain water). He determined I needed a new lid, hinge and control panel. He sent quote to Warrantech which determined cost to fix was more than offering a replacement washer "of equal or similar features & functionality or, reimburse for replacement." They offered me a GE washing machine or $519.00. I choose the $519.00 which I received a check for on 8/15/17.

I also inquired about the $25.00 "Laundry Credit" and they cut me another check for $25.00. Key notes: make sure you register your product on-line, keep any warranty literature you receive when you purchase your product so you can refer back to it and make sure you are somewhat educated on your products malfunctions (use the directions it comes with) because not all service reps know everything about all electronics - if I would have relied on service rep I may have gotten a new lid but my true issue would not be fixed thus taking more time to diagnose and getting closer to my expiration date of the warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Warrantech Washing Machine Warranty.

Reason of review: Reliable warranty.

Warrantech Pros: Stood behind the warranty.

• Warranty