I bought a warranty on a Thermador range. It had a minor issue that I could not fix.

I called Warrentech. They sent a guy to fix the simple problem . The first time to my house he did not have the right parts - that is understandable. The second time he came to my house he brought parts and fixed something - but not the thing that was broken.

The third time to my house he brought the wrong tool. Each time I called Warrentech to tell them my experience and ask them to send a different technician. Each time they said they had to send the same guy. After the "no tools" visit we scheduled a fourth visit.

But the technician called me a few days later and told me that Warrentech was refusing to honor the policy. I called Warrentech and they said my warranty had expired. I explained that when I called the first time (several month ago) it was under warranty and it was the same problem that they had never fixed.

They just said sorry - not our problem. I will never use them again.

Comments

You are correct. I purchased a 5 year warranty on my Whirlpool refrigerator.

Repair man they sent out says it cannot be fixed. The warranty clearly states if unable to repair, it will be replaced. Instead they want to send me a check which will NOT cover the cost of a new refrigerator. How can they get away with this?

If i had money I would hire an attorney to take them to court. I am so ticked off.